Friday, June 15, 2007

Biggin Hill

Below: Formation of Spitfires and Hurricane:


Another non sailing blog but this is an easy way to give friends access to photos.




A trip to the Biggin Hill Air Show made a change as I don't normally do air shows, the last one I attended being a godzillion years ago at Farnborough which was an absolute nightmare to get out of I seem to recall. No repeat of that however as Biggin Hill was a fabulous example of how to run such an event (unless of course I was just plain lucky) I drove to Biggin Hill, got straight in with less than 5 minutes of waiting and similarly less than 10 minutes to get out and minimal traffic on the way home despite it being well attended.

The show was also excellent with some superb flying displays. I would recommend this show even to people like me who only have a mild interest in historic aircraft.

Spitfire and Eurofighter in formation:








Below: ME109 and inappropriate VW:











A Spitfire comes into land:








Below A P51 Mustang awaits its display:











Hurricane flanked by three Spitfires:













Spitfire:











Mustang banks away:














Below: B17 does a low level pass with simulated engine fire:









B17:
Lancaster:


















Below: B17 escorted by Mustang:




































Below: B17 lands and parks up:




No comments: